- Turning On Natural Gas
- Turning Off Natural Gas
- Transferring Your Service
- Name Change on the Account
- Having Your Natural Gas Reconnected
Turning On Natural Gas
Once your Pensacola Energy account has been set up, you can help us start your service by following these simple steps:
- Have your permanent electric and water services turned on before you request natural gas service.
- If you are moving into a newly built home, be sure all required city/county inspections have been made and that the proper inspection sticker has been placed on your natural gas house line.
- Request your natural gas service by calling 850-435-1800 or 850-474-5300 or by mailing your request to City of Pensacola Treasury Division, P.O. Box 12910, Pensacola, FL 32521-0044. Under normal circumstances, we can turn on your natural gas the next business day after we receive your request. If you are not sure about the date of your occupancy, feel free to make your request in advance, then notify us when your plans are more complete.
- For your safety and convenience, be certain that someone at least 18 years of age will be at home when our service representative is scheduled to turn on your natural gas, so that we can light your pilot lights and make sure your appliances are working properly.
Turning Off Natural Gas
When you want to discontinue your natural gas service, call Pensacola Energy at 850-435-1800. A service representative will come to your home and disconnect the natural gas. There is no service charge for discontinuing service.
If you are moving to another residence in Pensacola Energy’s service area, it’s easy to transfer your account. Just call us at least one day in advance. If your current bill is not past due, all it takes is a $40 fee, plus taxes and franchise fees, for establishing service at the new address. See the Transferring Your Service section for more details.
Transferring Your Service
If you are moving to another home in Pensacola Energy’s service area, let us know at least one day in advance. There is no need to come by. Just call us at 850-435-1800. We can start service in your name at your new residence on the date you specify. No deposit is required, but your current bill must not be past due and there will be a $40 charge, plus taxes and franchise fees, for establishing service at the new address. Also, you’ll still need to follow the steps in Turning on the Natural Gas.
Name Change on the Account
If you need to change the name on the account due to marriage, divorce or legal name change, please use the Name Change Form and fax it along with a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal supporting documents to (850) 435-1827 or mail to:
City of Pensacola
P.O. Box 12910
Pensacola, FL 32521-0044
For all other account change requests, please contact our Customer Service Department for details.
Having Your Natural Gas Reconnected
If your service is disconnected, you may have it reconnected by paying all of the following that apply in your situation:
- The outstanding balance on your account.
- A $70 reconnect fee, plus taxes and franchise fees.
If your service was disconnected due to nonpayment; reconnection will occur after the balance has been paid or proper arrangements have been made.